Come join us for weekly games of 9-Square following the evening service until it gets too cold! Curious how to play 9-Square?
1. The “king” serves the ball from the center square to any other square by hitting the ball up and out of the top of the center game square.
2. Players must return the ball to another player’s square.
3. If a player fails to return the ball to another player’s square, that player is out.
4. A double hit results in elimination.
5. During game play, players are not allowed to touch the game structure. Touching the game structure results in elimination.
6. When a player is out, they leave their square and move to the end of the line. The other players advance to fill the square of the player who just got out.
Players will compete 4 on 5 where team mates are staggered in a checkered pattern. Play similar to rally scoring in volleyball, players try and prevent the ball from landing in their square. The ball can be set into play by the team that scored last, or alternate turns. Game ends when one team reaches a set point limit. More players is not necessarily an advantage as it means you have more squares to cover. This style leads to setting teammates up to score points by incorporating passing between players.
Let us know you're coming on our Facebook page!